People you will find at the Gospel Hall
You will find a group of people at the Gospel Hall who has a personal faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God. We believe that He died on the cross to pay the penalty of our sins, and that He rose from the dead and is alive today. So we have the great privilege of His company and friendship every day, and the sure hope of being with Him in heaven after our lives on earth are over. This is not something we deserve or have worked for. It is a gift we have received by faith in Christ.
He has changed our lives from loving our sin and loving ourselves to loving Him. We have found something, or rather Someone, to give us real and lasting joy, not only in this world but also into the world to come. In other words, we have been saved by His grace (Ephesians 2.8). Can we ask if you have anything like this? Where will you be when your life on earth is over? Where will you spend eternity?
Foundational truths of the Christian faith
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God. We base our personal lives and our church practices upon what it teaches (2 Timothy 3:16). The Bible is our creed.
Truths Concerning God
- God is almighty and eternal, the Creator of all things (Psalm 90:2).
- God is known in three equal persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 13:14).
- God is perfectly holy and righteous (Isaiah 6:3)
- God loves each person on earth (John 3:16)
- God possesses complete knowledge of all things. (Romans 11:33)
- God loves each person on earth. (John 3:16)
Truths Concerning the Lord Jesus Christ
- Jesus Christ is God manifest in flesh. He was born of a virgin, lived a perfect sinless life, and was crucified at Calvary (1 Timothy 3:16)
- Jesus Christ died as a sacrifice for sin so that sinners could be saved and receive forgiveness and eternal life (Hebrews 10:12).
- Jesus Christ rose from the dead in bodily form and returned to heaven where He is today (1 Corinthians 15:3-8).
Truths Concerning Humanity
- Every person is a sinner (Romans 3:23) and needs salvation (Acts 4:12). Saved people are also said to be born-again. (John 3:3)
- Salvation is not obtained by church membership, good works or ceremonies of any kind, but by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. (Titus 3:5; Ephesians 2:8-9).
- God wants all to be saved and not to perish. This is why He gave His Son to pay the ransom price for sin (1 Timothy 2:4-6)
Truths Concerning The Church
- The church which is the body of Christ began with the descent of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost and includes every born-again believer (Acts 2:1-3; 1 Corinthians 12:13).
- The local church comprises believers who have been baptized by immersion and adhere to the teachings of the New Testament. Regular fellowship with other believers, collective prayer and regularly observing the Lord’s Supper should be expected of all who are in the church (Acts 2:41,42).
- The local church gathers unto the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, thus acknowledging His authority, claiming His presence and giving Him pre-eminence (Matthew 18:20; Colossians 1;18).
- The local church is led and guided by elders who are “examples to” but not “lords over” the congregation (1 Peter 5:3). They are to be servant shepherds tending to the needs of God’s people.
- The local church is independent of any outside governing body, being answerable to the Lord alone (Hebrews 13:17; Revelation 2&3).
- The Holy Spirit dwells within every believer (Romans 8.9) and enables all service and worship in the church (1 Corinthians 12:4,7).
Truths Concerning The Future
- Jesus Christ is coming again; first to receive his church into heaven (1 Thessalonians 4.13-18); then to set up His kingdom and reign on earth as King of kings and Lord of lords (Revelation 19:11-16).
- Everyone who rejects God’s offer of salvation will be judged at God’s Great White Throne and be eternally punished in the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15).
- God wants all to be saved and not to perish. This is why He gave His Son to pay the ransom price for sin by His own blood shed on the cross (1 Timothy 2:4-6; 1 Peter 1:18-21).